About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

July 21, 2011

at the lake


We spent yesterday at Lake Berryessa in Napa.
It was so warm and beautiful!
My mom used to own a place up here where we spent many weekends fishing, swimming and having fun.
I do miss it now that I have kids.



After so much rain, the lake is just about full.
I've seen it so dry we had to drive out to the water!
Goose, Cousin and Grandma got in first!



Binky would not get in at first.
He didn't like the way the mud felt in his sandals.
But...



After at least an hour of watching Goose have fun, he decided to try it.
And he loved it!
He isn't comfortable swimming where he can't touch yet, though, so he couldn't swim out to the buoys.



The ranger just happened to walk by and ask us if we wanted to use a life jacket.
They let you borrow them for the day,
so we grabbed one and Binky was on his way out to the buoys!
He had so much fun in the lake.
I was happy he finally decided to go in.  I know he would have been bummed if he didn't at least try it.
Goose and Binky can't wait to go back. 
I really enjoyed the quiet and beauty all around. 
I haven't relaxed like that in quite some time.
I thought I had forgotten how!


No comments:

Post a Comment