About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

October 25, 2011

busy weeks


We have been very busy these last few weeks.
Science classes where we are studying the cell have been lots of fun!
My class was about the plant cell.  We made our own onion slides to look at through the microscope.
This was a lot of fun.  We saw the nucleus in each cell.



We also survived 4 earthquakes!!!
Yes, I said 4!!!
These paintings fell off the wall along with some other frames that broke and
some things fell over.
The first, and biggest quake, was VERY scary!
The kids and I were home and I honestly thought to myself, "This is the big one!"
But it ended by the time we ran into the hallway.  The epicenter was just a couple of miles away, which explains why we felt it so strongly.  I have lived in California my entire life and been through many earthquakes.  This one scared me more than any other!  Goose and Binky were terrified!
The second one scared them even more.  Poor things!
We have definitely been talking about earthquake safety and preparedness all week!



This little guy has been having lots of fun with Cody the dog.
They really have fun together. 
I am surprised at how much Cody loves him!
And no, we don't have a name for him yet.  We can't agree on anything so far.
Any ideas?






More cell stuff with Shrinky Dinks and a mitosis flip book.



Binky loves snuggle time!



I finished this scarf!  It is a Christmas gift for someone special!



And we've been enjoying the season with candles,
cups of tea, baking, and leaf collecting.
Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. An interesting post-and I love the picture of your little kitten with your dog! His name should reflect his brave spirit! Though obviously Cody is very gentle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, so many fun ideas! We're getting ready to do some cell studies this week, too. Have a great use for Halloween candy. :) And my sister survived those Bay area quakes with you! I didn't even know about them until days later! So glad the damage wasn't any worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you guys are safe! That would be so scary. We're lucky here... we do have earthquake, so small you're lucky if you feel the floor vibrate.

    Your kitten is so cute... names really do take time. Getting to know him first is a good idea, you'll think of a perfect name for him.

    Nice scarf, pretty colors:)

    ReplyDelete