About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

September 28, 2008

Hike with the Yellow Jackets




Went for a hike in the local hills Friday. So pretty out, sun shining, nice breeze. We brought our Nature Journals for some sketching by the lake. As we neared the top of the hill Binky screams and says, "I've been stung by a bee on my face!!!" I knew from his voice he was definitely stung, but I had no idea what was to come next! Goose and I were looking at Binky's sting and trying to calm him down when suddenly Goose was being surrounded by about 10 yellow jackets! They were landing all over her and not wanting to get off! Suddenly I realized that they were attacking her! She was being stung left and right. One even flew up her pants and stung her thigh! Needless to say Goose was FREAKING OUT!!! I could not get them off of her. They seemed drawn to her clothes so she threw them off and we realized she still had the stinger in her thigh. But with all the yellow jackets still swarming us, I couldn't get her to hold still to get it out. So, Goose wrapped her cape around herself, so glad she brought it, the faerie that she is, and we started walking as fast as we could back down the hill, out of the forest. When we finally got to a restroom five minutes away, I was able to get the stinger out. All the while I was thinking that Binky has never been stung and praying he wasn't allergic! It was quite an ordeal!! The kids are fine now. Those were some nasty stings. Quite painful! I didn't get a single one, which was odd. It was the beginning to a really crazy day...

No comments:

Post a Comment