About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

February 26, 2009

I just returned home from my Uncle's funeral yesterday. This was my fourth funeral for a family member in less than a year. And there is one more to attend. I am sad...
To lose five family members in so short a time is quite hard, and at times unbelievable. I haven't been able to fully grieve for anyone. I sit here wondering how to put into words what I am feeling. Goose seems to be handling it just fine. We talk about everyone, we have made cards for family members. Binky is another story. Just the other day he suddenly became very angry that his Great-Grandfather passed away. He was angry that he was taken from him. I was taken by surprise by this a little. But I know he is a sensitive soul and that he would be the one to have a harder time dealing with all of this death. We talked about Grandpa and how wonderful he was. We hugged a lot! At Grandpa's funeral, Binky really bonded with my Uncle. As did our whole family. So to tell Binky that Uncle died suddenly was hard. He was quiet for a moment and then moved on with what he was doing. I wonder if hearing that someone has died has become... normal to Goose and Binky, that it is a part of their everyday reality. Today we are going to honor our family members with candles and words and art and hugs, and, of course, tears. I am looking forward to Spring and new beginnings... to life.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of the family deaths. It's so hard.
    We lost two family members, both under 40 in a years time. Our hearts and minds were a mess!
    My Caleb had such a hard time when my father passed unexpected. It took years for the pain to ease. He's a sensitive guy too:)
    The way you're honoring them sounds lovely. Blessings to you and your family!
    Spring is a time for renewal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for the deaths in your family. Looking to spring as new beginnings is such positive thinking and so wise. Honoring your loved ones with candles, art, words, tears and hugs is so lovely and wonderful. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for these lovely comments. We are moving forward, day by day. Showing our love for each other is what life is all about. I find peace in knowing that my family members who passed all knew(know) how much I love them. I have no regrets! That is something to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry that you've had such a rough time lately. I can't imagine how hard that must be to lose several family members in such a short time.
    I also wanted to tell you that I appreciate the fun links you have on your sidebar. I just checked out the Toymaker site...very cool!

    ReplyDelete