About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

May 13, 2010

Impressionist painting




"Vases" by Goose




"Boba Fett" by Binky
We began a study of Impressionism this week. As you can see the kids really enjoyed it!
We talked about the birth of Impressionism in Paris.
We looked at Claude Monet's Impression, soleil levant (Impression, Sunrise.)
We admired Caillebotte, Cassatt, Cezanne, Degas, Manet, Renoir and Sisley.
We talked about light and color. And moving the canvas in plein air, outside, to really capture sunlight in the painting.
We looked at the short, broken brushstrokes used by Impressionists.
And then they painted!
Since we weren't able to get outside, Goose chose some vases to paint.
Binky chose his favorite Star Wars character, Boba Fett, to paint.
His helmet, actually.
Hey, at least I got him painting!!
I LOVE how they turned out!!!
Next time we'll paint outside in the sun.
Like Monet!






2 comments:

  1. Boba Fett is my all-time favorite Star Wars character. In fact, when Jango Fett was introduced in the prequels I was like, "Meow! SO that's what Boba looks like under that Mandelorian armor!"

    See...I really should have been at that birthday party! :)

    ReplyDelete