About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

September 12, 2010

Renaissance Faire


Bon jour!


My little knight


Ladies of the court


Sir Jeffrey and Sir Thomas


Sir Thomas ready for jousting


a Noble snack


tavern tail


beautiful drums for sale


my little archers




Goose on the rock wall


We had such a wonderful time at the faire yesterday with Grandma and cousin.
Even though it was in the 90s!
I've never been to this particular faire before, but it was better than I expected.
It takes place on a local farm called Ardenwood.
We watched some jousting and sword fighting. Sir Thomas was defeated!
The kids played darts, watched a fire-eater, practiced archery and enjoyed the sights.
There was even a rock wall to climb.
I'm not sure how this fits into the renaissance theme, but my kids LOVED it!
We had such a good time, that when we got home I searched for another local faire to attend in the coming weeks.  This time we can bring Daddy along.



5 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I love the old costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I adore ren faires and really miss them; we used to go every autumn. Glad you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tamborines and drums looks amazing! We love our Ren Faire so much. Looks like your family had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like great fun. My children would have a great time at such a faire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a blast!
    Noah just went to a faire with the neighbors. It's all we heard about for days! He loved it.
    We'll have to check it out as a family next year:)

    ReplyDelete