About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

September 22, 2010

S e p t e m b e r





September
by
Helen Hunt Jackson

The golden rod is yellow;
The corn is turning brown;
The trees in apple orchards
With fruit are bending down.

The gentian's bluest fringes
Are curling in the sun;
In dusty pods the milkweed
Its hidden silk has spun.

The sedges flaunt their harvest
In every meadow-nook;
And asters by the brookside
Make asters in the brook.

From dewy lanes at morning
The grapes' sweet odors rise;
At noon the roads all flutter
With yellow butterflies.

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer's best of weather,
And autumn's best of cheer.

Happy Autumn!


3 comments:

  1. Happy Autumn to you! Lovely poem and images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous photos. I am so glad that fall is here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing your little bits of Autumn!

    ReplyDelete