About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

July 5, 2012

b r i d g e s !



I found this book at the library and brought it home
for Binky to look at.
He immediately started building the truss bridge
with popsicle sticks and glue.







This book is filled with information
about the first bridges and the evolution from wood to steel
bridges.   And there are lots of great little projects to
help understand how bridges are built. Daddy worked for a bit on the new Bay Bridge(from Oakland to San Francisco) being built right here in the Bay Area.  





Even Scratch the cat wanted to participate.
He loves to be in the middle of everything!
Is your cat like that?






The final touch was some silver spray paint.





The book suggests standing on your bridge to find the weak spots.
I think we will keep ours intact!

On another note, thank you for all the kind and supportive words!
I am over the initial shock of it all
and now I am just trying to keep busy until my surgeries and
enjoy the summer.
Thank you!


1 comment:

  1. whoa that is a cool bridge binky made! i think i need to find that book for ezra. we could make one together and i'm sure he'd love to play with it. he loves bridges and tunnels. i love boys. keeping busy is good. think happy thoughts!

    ReplyDelete